Last Updated on March 27, 2014
1.3 MEDWARN contains links to websites hosted by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third-party websites. We encourage You to be aware when You leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects PII about You.
3. Collection of Information from and about Users. MEDWARN collects information about its Users, including personal information You provide to us; and non-personal information We automatically collect through technology. Additionally, MEDWARN along with our advertising partners may collect information about You anonymously to provide You with targeted advertising messages that are tailored to Your location and interests.
4. Personal Information You Provide To MEDWARN. For some services provided, We may ask you to provide personally identifiable information (“PII”) such as name, email address, phone number and zip code. We will ask you to voluntarily supply us with the information We need. MEDWARN will retain the names and personal information of Users so that they may be contacted in the future regarding MEDWARN’s products, services, or future opportunities. This contact may occur by email, telephone, or mail, at MEDWARN’s discretion and as We deem appropriate. Additionally, MEDWARN may contact Users to inform them about services or the Site, or to notify Users about problems or malfunctions they report.
4.1 When using the Site, you may provide MEDWARN with PII, including but not limited to:
4.3 You are not required to provide MEDWARN with any PII in order to use the Site. Users may choose to provide PII to MEDWARN to enable contact with MEDWARN, third party businesses or professional services. PII that is provided to and collected by MEDWARN is the sole property of MEDWARN, and that information is not distributed to third parties unless the User expressly consents or unless required by law. MEDWARN will not sell, share, or provide PII or information about Users unless explicit consent is given and authorized by the User.
4.4 Removal or change of PII. If your PII changes or if You no longer desire Our service, You may update or amend Your information with MEDWARN or ask to have it removed from Our database lists or production directory. Please contact us by email at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 calendar days.
4.5 EXPRESS CONSENT. MEDWARN Users who voluntarily elect to provide their contact information for purposes of obtaining more information or a referral expressly consent to the further dissemination of their contact information to legal or healthcare professionals. User’s consent that their contact information and additional information submitted will be provided to professionals or organizations who may be able to help the User, including attorneys in good standing with their Bar Association who may be able to discuss a User’s legal rights. No user information will be sold, shared, or transmitted to any third party without the express consent of the User. By clicking the SUBMIT button and requesting a referral, a User consents to MEDWARN’s sale, sharing, or transmitting of their submitted information.
4.5.1 MEDWARN does not warrant or guarantee that the User will receive a contact from a health professional or attorney. MEDWARN does not warrant or guarantee that contact, once made, will fully resolve the User’s complaint/concern/expectation.
4.6 DISCLAIMER. MEDWARN provides original content and links to news, opinions, and commentary in the fields of law and medicine. MEDWARN also provides a forum where users may voluntarily seek referrals for additional professional guidance.
4.6.1 MEDWARN is not a law firm or healthcare provider, health insurance provider, or a covered entity under HIPAA (45 C.F.R. § 160.103). MEDWARN is an independent entity and is not owned by, associated with, or otherwise at the direction of any law of health practitioner, or pharmaceutical or medical product manufacturer. MEDWARN continually refreshes and updates its content to ensure the most reliable, current information is available on the Site; however, User’s are on notice that MEDWARN’s content is not authoritative and could be inaccurate.
4.6.2 MEDWARN’s discussion of medical and legal affairs, and subsequent communication or referral request between MEDWARN and its Users does not constitute an offer to provide medical or legal services. MEDWARN does not provide legal services and any subsequent referrals to attorneys or law firms expressly do not create an attorney-client relationship between MEDWARN and its Users. MEDWARN does not encourage or discourage legal action; legal action can only be determined by an individual User in consultation with an attorney. MEDWARN endeavors to ensure its Users are informed. If requested by a User, MEDWARN will arrange for contact with an attorney. MEDWARN makes no representation or warranty about the attorneys to whom it refers Users, or the outcome of any subsequent legal action if it occurs.
4.6.3 The information posted at MEDWARN is not, and is not intended to be, a substitute for professional advice. MEDWARN’s purpose and intent is to increase awareness of important health issues to enable its informed Users to seek professional advice subsequently.
5. Non-Personal Information MEDWARN Collects About Its Users.
5.1 This type of information is collected anonymously through the use of technology, such as third-party cookies, web beacons, and other similar methods. No PII is collected through these methods. Non-personal information we automatically collect may include, but is not limited to:
5.1.2 Some of the technology used includes, but is not limited to:
· Web beacons: The Site’s content may contain small electronic files known as “web beacons” (also referred to as “clear GIFs,” “pixel tags,” and “single-pixel GIFs”) that permit MEDWARN, for example, to count Users who have accessed the Site and for other related statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
5.1.3 For more information on cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies, please visit the Internet Advertising Bureau’s Interactive glossary at: http://www.iab.net/.
7. Use of Collected Information. MEDWARN may use the information that You submit to provide You with the services You have requested from us, to response to your questions, and to send You email communications, such as newsletters, breaking news, information about the Site, news alerts, and promotional messages from advertising partners.
7.1 MEDWARN uses the information collected through third-party sources to learn and analyze how the Site is used. We use this information to improve our Site and servicesbased on the data collected.
7.2 Display Ads are delivered from our adserver. We may use third-party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when You visit the Site. These companies may use information (not including Your name, address, email address or telephone number) about Your visits to this and other Web sites in order to deliver targeted ads to You. For more information about this practice and to understand Your choices for having this information used by adservers, please visit http://networkadvertising.org. We also may use third-party Ad platforms (such as Google AdSense or Google AdX) to deliver ads on our Site. No PII is exchanged with any type of advertising message on MEDWARN.
8. How MEDWARN Shares Information Collected. We do not share, sell, rent or trade PII with third parties for their promotional purposes. We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people except to provide products or services you've specifically requested from us or our partners. There are very few specific circumstances when Your information is shared by MEDWARN. These circumstances include, but are not limited to:
10. Children Under 18. MEDWARN is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on MEDWARN. MEDWARN does not knowingly target advertising to, or collect information from, children under the age of 18. If You are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features on the Site, or provide any information about Yourself to us, including Your name, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name You may use. If MEDWARN learns that We have received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, We will immediately delete that information. If You believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11.1 MEDWARN personnel are legally trained to understand the importance of protecting the PII of Users who entrust it to MEDWARN. MEDWARN maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, in accordance with applicable state and federal standards, to protect your PII against risks such as loss, destruction, or misuse. These measures include computer safeguards, secured files, physical safeguards, and restrictions on who may access Your PII. In the event of a system compromise, MEDWARN will take all reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of the website’s database is protected and ensure proper notice is provided under the law.
11.2 MEDWARN uses commercially reasonable controls to safeguard data against unauthorized use and theft. All information, including PII, provided to MEDWARN is stored on protected storage systems. No removable offline copies or backups are made. If you request deletion of Your email address or any other PII then Your information will be deactivated and removed from our database within 30 days.
11.3 MEDWARN cannot and does not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties, including other website users, and including the manner in which they might use information received either from MEDWARN or through other sources that We provide with Your explicit consent. You agree to hold MEDWARN, it owners, employees, assigns, and successors harmless from all claims arising out of the actions or inactions of third parties.
12. Contact Us. If you have any questions or suggestions please contact us at: email@example.com.
Notice of Infringement Form
Attn: Legal Department
Dear Madam or Sir:
I, the undersigned, CERTIFY UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that the information in this Notice of Infringement is accurate, and that I am the owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of certain intellectual property rights. The name of such owner is ______________________________ (the “Owner”).
I have a good faith belief that the material identified below is not authorized by the above Owner, its agent, or the law and thus infringes the Owner’s rights. Please act promptly to remove or disable the access to the material or items claimed to be infringing.
Location of the alleged infringing material:
Description of the infringing material:
Description of the copyrighted work that you claimed is infringed:
You may contact me at:
Street address: ____________________________
City, State: _______________________________
If someone in your family has experienced adverse events or side effects from the use of a prescription drug, vaccine, blood product or medical device find help here.